The mission of the Madison County Business League & Foundation is to bring together, under one organization, the voice of numerous entities in order to establish a clear and concise message for the future. This organization, which is comprised of elected, appointed, business and individual leaders of Madison County, will enable all partners in business and economic development to participate collectively in bringing together the overall vision for Madison County.
In the News…
- Career Exploration Event at Velma Jackson High SchoolThe Madison County Business League & Foundation (MCBL&F) hosted a Career Exploration Event at Velma Jackson High School on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, from 9:00 – 11:30 AM.
- 2022 Madison County Youth Leadership ClassThank you to our many MCBL&F Members for their generous donations of promotional items presented to our 2022 Madison County Youth Leadership Class on Monday evening at orientation.
- Madison County Executive Leadership Law and Order DayThe Madison County Executive Leadership class participated in Law and Order day on September 14, 2022, chaired by Grant Montgomery, Madison County president of BancorpSouth.
- MCBL&F Member Mercedes Benz Presents Madison County Career Tech Center August Student of the Month with AwardMadison County Business League & Foundation (MCBL&F) members Ahmad “Mo” Duais, General Manager of Mercedes-Benz of Jackson, present Madison County Career Tech Center “August Student of the Month” Joshua Bell with an award. Joshua is enrolled in the Automation Program … Read more
- MCBL&F Congratulates Mississippi Economic Council on Being Named America’s #1 State Chamber of CommerceACKSON, Miss. – The Mississippi Economic Council (MEC) has been honored as the State Chamber of the Year for 2022 by the National Association of State Chambers (NASC). Each year NASC honors a state chamber that has distinguished itself by providing exceptional … Read more
- MCEDA REPORT: August Sales TaxBelow are the tax diversions for this month. Overall, the county is continuing to see a nearly 20% growth in diversions for our Fiscal Year-to-Date. We have one more month left of reporting so at the end of September we … Read more
- MCEL Health & Well-being DayThe Madison County Executive Leadership class participated in Health & Well Being day, chaired by Rochelle Thompson, Senior Manager, American Lung Association on August 24th. The day was most exciting and engaging! See all photos
- Mark Your Calendars!Download Fall Calendar of Events!
- MCBL&F Announces Results of 2022-23 BOD ElectionThe Madison County Business League & Foundation announces the results of the 2022-23 Board of Directors election. Congratulations to Sam Kelly, Dr. Ronnie McGehee and Chris Roberts! Thank you to our other 3 nominees Chris Champion, Brian Johnson and Candie Simmons for … Read more
- MCBL&F UPDATED Calendar of EventsDownload File for Printing
- MCBLF Partners with Mississippi Economic Council to Host Annual MEC TourThe Madison County Business League & Foundation was proud to partner with the Mississippi Economic Council to host the annual MEC Road Show in Madison County on Thursday, August 11, 2022, at Georgia Blue.
- Madison County Business League & Foundation Board of Director Nominee BiosBallots for the 2022 Board of Directors election were mailed out on Monday, August 1st to (1) contact member for each membership. They should have arrived today or in the next few days. The Business League has prospered greatly in the … Read more
- MCEDA REPORT: July Sales Tax DiversionsBelow are the tax diversions for this month. Overall, the county is seeing nearly a 20% growth in diversions for our Fiscal Year-to-Date. This data is also available on our website here.
- MCBL&F and MCEDA Host Q3 Economic Development Outlook ReceptionThe Madison County Business League & Foundation and the Madison County Economic Development Authority hosted the Third Quarter Economic Development Outlook Reception on July 27, 2022. Lauren Scheel, C.O.O. of MCEDA gave an update on recent economic development in Madison … Read more
- MCBL&F Partners with Mississippi Economic Council to Host Annual MEC TOURRegister today to attend the MEC Tour in Madison County! CLICK ON REGISTRATION LINK TO REGISTER The Madison County Business League & Foundation is once again proud to partner with the Mississippi Economic Council to host the annual MEC Road Show in Madison County … Read more
- MCBL&F and MCEDA Host Q3 Economic Development Outlook on July 27th!
- UPDATED County/Congressional District/Extension Region/State Health Economics profileThe annual County/Congressional District/Extension Region/State Health Economics profiles have been updated and are now available at http://extension.msstate.edu/economic-profiles. As a reminder, these profiles do not measure healthcare affordability or accessibility, but rather provide some insight on the importance of the healthcare sector … Read more
- MCEDA REPORT: June Tax DiversionsFor the month of June, we saw an increase in over 11% of tax diversions coming back to municipalities as compared to diversions collected in June 2021. From a Fiscal Year perspective, we are seeing growth close to 20%. We … Read more
- Dr. David Altig, Executive VP of Federal Reserve of Atlanta to Keynote MCBL&F/MCEDA 2022 Vision CelebrationMCBL&F MEMBERS & ELECTED/APPOINTED OFFICIALS “Assuring Madison County’s Future: Vision for Economic Growth” The Madison County Business League & Foundation and MCEDA are excited to announce that Dave Altig, Sr. VP of Research for the Federal Reserve Bank in Atlanta, … Read more
- MCBL&F Health & Wellbeing Breakfast Committee Hosts Medical Cannabis ForumThe Madison County Business League & Foundation Health & Well-Being Committee hosted a forum on Thursday, June 2, 2022. An outstanding panel of professionals discussed the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Act which was passed by the legislature during the 2022 session. The … Read more