The mission of the Madison County Business League & Foundation is to bring together, under one organization, the voice of numerous entities in order to establish a clear and concise message for the future. This organization, which is comprised of elected, appointed, business and individual leaders of Madison County, will enable all partners in business and economic development to participate collectively in bringing together the overall vision for Madison County.
In the News…
- MEMBERS & ELECTED OFFICIALS: RSVPS to Vision Celebration due TODAY at NOON
- MEC Executive Director Scott Waller Presents Honorarium to MCBL&F Executive Director Jan CollinsMississippi Economic Council CEO Scott Waller presented Jan Collins with an honorarium in appreciation of Madison County Business League & Foundation hosting the MEC Road Tour.
- CONGRESSMAN MICHAEL GUEST: Will the U.S. Default on Its Debt?Dear Friend, When it comes to the debt ceiling, Republicans and Democrats agree on one thing: The United States should not default on its debts. It all comes down to what actions are taken, and the ball is in the court of the Democrats. … Read more
- Congratulations to CCTC Student of the Month Christian Reed!Madison County Business League & Foundation (MCBL&F) member Thrash Construction presented a gift to Canton Career & Technical Center student Christian Reed. Christian, a junior in the Construction program was selected CCTC Student of the Month. Pictured are (l-r): … Read more
- MCCT & MCBL&F Award Grant to CHS Teacher Teena RuthThe Madison County Community Trust (MCCT) and the Madison County Business League & Foundation (MCBL&F) awarded Canton Public Schools Master Teacher of Personal Finance Teena Ruth with a grant to attend the national Jump$tart Conference. She was prepared to teach … Read more
- MCEDA Report September Tax DiversionsMCEDA REPORT: Above are the tax diversions for September, as well as the numbers reflecting the conclusion of our Fiscal Year. The County had positive growth every single month this Fiscal Year, contributing to 12.84% growth for the year. Every … Read more
- Madison County Business League & Foundation and MCEDA Thank MCBL&F Members for their DonationsThe Madison County Business League & Foundation and MCEDA wish to thank the following members for their contributions to the Madison County Youth Leadership Class gift bags. Thank you for your generous contribution to this program. Origin Bank MS Board … Read more
- Madison County Young Professional Steering Committee Meeting and Officer Election held September 22, 2021The Madison County Young Professional Steering Committee held a meeting on September 22, 2021 to elect new officers and plan events for fall. Stay tuned for more information!
- In the News…Provided by Tim Bryan, Madison County Engineer
- Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann Makes Remarks at MCBL&F September Board MeetingLt. Governor Delbert Hosemann was welcomed by Chairman Wesley Goings, C Spire, as guest speaker for theMadison County Business League & Foundation Board of Directors meeting on September 16th.Lt. Governor Hosemann presented remarks about the 2020 and 2021 legislative sessions … Read more
- The 20th Anniversary of September 11thDear Friend, For the 20th Anniversary of 9/11, I visited the site in New York City of that fateful day. I shared my memories in a short video as we remember that day and everything it means to this nation. … Read more
- Senator Roger Wicker discusses infrastructure bill benefits for Mississippi with MDOT officialsSenator Roger Wicker discusses infrastructure bill benefits for Mississippi with MDOT officials (w/VIDEO) ***All media from MDOT is intended for distribution, use and reuse without restriction*** VIDEO AND GRAPHICS / CLICK HERE JACKSON, MISS. – U.S. Senator Roger Wicker met with the Mississippi … Read more
- Madison County Business League & Foundation Hosts Third Quarter Outlook ReceptionThe Madison County Business League & Foundation and MCEDA hosted the Third Quarter Economic Outlook reception at the Jackson Yacht club on September 9, 2021. View all photos from the event
- 2020 Census Population Profiles by County and municipalitiesView 2020 Census Population Profiles here
- EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETING PRESENTATION: Dr. Ronnie McGeheeEducation…. CHANGE is the ONLY CONSTANT. We have faced an unseen foe with the virus, and it has magnified all our deficits in the areas of health, economic operations, and educational attainment. Humankind is facing unprecedented revolutions, all our old … Read more
- Important Resources Following Hurricane IdaDear Friend, Although Hurricane Ida has been downgraded to a tropical depression, it still poses significant threats to Mississippians. Please see below for important resources that may be useful in the coming hours and days. Homes with roofs damaged by … Read more
- Tonya McCall Named Director of MSU CAVS-ExtensionContact: James Carskadon CANTON, Miss.—Tonya G. McCall is now leading a Mississippi State University center that supports the state’s manufacturing industry. McCall began her duties as director of MSU’s Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems Extension following the retirement of former director … Read more
- The Afghanistan Disaster WorsensDear Friend, This week has been difficult for our nation. We joined the entire world in watching the continuation of President Biden’s failed Afghanistan withdrawal and the chaos that has gripped the nation as a result. My team and I … Read more
- Madison County Business League & Foundation Hosts Education Committee Meeting August 25, 2021The Madison County Business League & Foundation Education & Workforce Development Committee hosted a meeting at the Madison County Schools District office. Status of the Madison County Schools and Canton Public Schools was presented by Superintendents Charlotte Seals and Gary … Read more
- MCEDA REPORT: August Tax DiversionsAbove is a snapshot of August’s tax diversions. This month, Gluckstadt has been added to the report and collected $180,191 in their first month of diversions. Congratulations! Each municipality showed growth as compared to August 2020’s diversions. Overall, the county … Read more